Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A New Friend

This will be a quickie post because I've got a deadline (already, I know...) and I should stay focused.  I just wanted to say that a neighbor stopped by today to introduce herself and to ask if she could pick some of the plums from our garden. "Sure" I offered, "take what you like."  I couldn't help but notice with sheer joy that my new friend was wearing a purple shirt and asking for plums.  Maybe one of you mentioned our blog to her? Otherwise, that's just an amazing coincidence.

We talked for a long time.  Sabrina works at the hospital where Dave will work and her husband works at the U of O--another amazing coincidence.  They're from Ashland (about three hours south) and Sabrina knows about the best yarn shop on the planet, also in Ashland.  So between the plums and the knitting I suspect we'll be good friends in no time.  We've already made plans to go to Erev Rosh Hashanah services together. 

And yes, we have plums a plenty in our gorgeous yard.  More on that in the next blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment